Sattu Drink (Sattu Sarbat) Homemade Recipe - 100% Natural Indian Summer Drink
Amid Summers and scorching heat waves, people from all around the world work upon different ways to keep their mind and body cool.
Similar to Aam Panna, Sattu is a healthy beverage that is renowned for it's heat-resistant properties, health benefits & refreshing ability in multiple parts of India.
It works as natural summer cooler along with offering numerous health benefits. Sattu drink is one among the most indigenous protein sources in parts of India like locals of Bihar, UP, Madhya Pradesh, and West Bengal.
What is Sattu?
"Sattu is basically a flour like dry powder, that is created by grinding various types of cereals or ground pulses"
In varieties, Gram (or chana) sattu is commonly known and consumed, but it's also available in many different forms that include wheat, barley or sorghum (jowar). All these variations have a certain percentage of roasted gram in it.
It is also referred to as Poor Man's Protein due to it's high nutritional content and has gained a lot of popularity in recent times. Sattu flour and Sattu drink can be prepared easily at home via simple method. Let's look at them below.
How To Make Sattu Powder (Flour) At Home
In this method, we will be looking at how to prepare Gram sattu powder or Chane ka sattu at home. You can also get Sattu powder easily from any popular market near you.
- Bengal Gram (2 cup)
- Salt (2 to 3 cups for roasting purpose)
Directions To Follow
- Take 2 cups of bengal gram and soak it in water overnight.
- Next morning, Drain all the water and then wash the gram under running water.
- Dry it completely under a fan or sunlight.
- Take a large Pan (or kadhai) and put salt into it. Now, turn on the flame.
- Once heated, put half a cup chana (Bengal Gram) in the pan (or kadai) and Keep stirring until you see chana breaking with a crackling sound.
- Strain it completely and repeat the process for the rest half cup.
- Once chana cools down, put it into a mixer grinder, and it into a fine powder.
- Once done, transfer the powder in a plate and let it cool completely.
- Your gram (chana) sattu powder is ready to use. Now you can store it in any container for future usage.
How To Make Sattu Drink
For making the sweet version, take a glass of milk or water, add two tablespoon of sattu powder, one teaspoon sugar or jaggery and mix well. Thats All!!
Now you can enjoy this 100% natural healthy summer drink anywhere that will keep you refreshed, cool and healthy.
(Please read the disclaimer page carefully before you start to use this blog/ site in any way. By using this blog/ site in any way, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by the Disclaimer. All content provided on this blog/ site is for information purposes only and shall not be understood or construed as a substitute of any qualified/ professional medical/ health/ fitness/ beauty advice, diagnosis, or treatment in any way.)